Thursday, April 14, 2005

Irregular update

Things are still ticking over here in sunny/grey/damp Lancaster. Work's tough, but I'm hoping things'll pick up soon.
I'm about a quarter of the way through the 3rd (and final) draft of Simian Smith and I think its' shaping up quite nicely.
As well as Simian I've started on a story called Green and Pleasant Land, something I've had on the boil for a few years now (it used to go by Green World) and I think, in all modest, it's a really good idea. It's interesting comparing what I've done now (only 2000 words) with what I'd attempted before, the writing is much better, in the words of Rebecca it's more mature. But its' not just the prose, situations and charactisation seem much improved.
I'm utterly knackered with work and still trying to write, but I'm liking it, I feel like less of some useless slug person.

No comments: