Friday, April 17, 2009

Noir


Think I've hit a personal best for speed with my latest contribution to Huzzahnoir. Missed deadline by 15 minutes, but managed 2 pages. It's a little cramped in places to fit in the dialogue and I had to trim some of it, but apart from that I think it's an improvement on the first page I did. Scribbling very rough pencils then using a chunky marker to pick out the key bits is very satisfying, the really trick is learning how to refine those initial pieces without losing what makes them work in the first place.

3 comments:

Gary Crutchley said...

Both pages are absolutely bloody corkers, Paul.
T'riffic.
You've captured the mood and characters spot on.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Lovely work as usual Paul !! Love your B&W stuff !! :)

paulhd said...

Thanks chaps, loved doing these pages, b&w's always been my weapon of choice:)