Christmas is over, New Year is just around the corner, let’s have a look at what I learned this year.
1. Work doesn’t have to suck, but it quite often does.
2. Not everybody is out for themselves but when push comes to shove they’ll always put themselves first.
3. Just because I’ll get over ‘Oz’ ending doesn’t mean I have to like it.
4. Sleep is my friend, we should spend more time together.
5. I’m ready to be a dad, fortunately my wife’s ready to be a mam so that’s pretty good timing.
6. Saturday’s are greatly improved with the simple addition of Doctor Who.
7. There should be a Ghost Story for Christmas every year, and maybe more often than just Christmas.
8. It’s nice to have blogpals.
9. Putting off failure by doing nothing (or coming up with ways to not complete stuff) is poor compensation for actually attempting something.
10. Being an open book isn’t neccesarily a bad thing, forcing people to read every single page is a bit annoying though.
11. Mmmm, soup.
12. Time spent doing nothing is not always time spent relaxing.
13. I’ve been missed out on Bonnie Prince Billy and it took me ages to get round to reading Ramsey Campbell, what else am I missing out because I’m not making the effort (or wasting my time with filler)?
14. Ipod Shuffle’s are cool.
15. I usually get there in the end.
16. Lancaster is lovely.
17. It’s not easy doing the right thing but doing the wrong thing will always create a bigger longer lasting headache.
18. Lost is no Carnivale, it’s also no Strangehaven and it might even be no good and it’s okay to not care about it.
19. There’s a lot of good books, films and comics coming out but I can’t buy all of them and shouldn’t even try.
20. You can’t beat fresh food and home cooking.
There’s probably loads more things I learned this year but this is starting to sound like that dopey ‘Wear Sunscreen’ thing. The more observant folk will see some pretty obvious things in my list, all I can say is I sort of knew some of these things before, but I’ve had them driven home to me this year.