Friday, September 09, 2005

Yet even more special stuff

Okay, the Village Person below probably needs a bit of explaination. About a year or so ago there was a competition to do a redesign of Judge Dredd (70's punk icon from 2000ad and iffy Stallone film adaptation) as if he came out now. I decided to do it for a laugh and send up the mean leather biker tough guy thing. Needless to say no one was impressed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This one was from back when I was posting some of my sketchbook stuff, still quite like it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As was this, but I don't like it as much - sorry, not much to pick from!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally my most up to date art (about 2 months old?) that's online was an attempt at doing comics again after ages. I quite like the drawings but the 'story' doesn't really make sense. Sorry about the lame scans to, doesn't capture the look of the originals I'm afraid - it was inked with a brush on watercolour paper and had a really nice texture that my crappy scanner didn't pick up very well.
Page1
Page2
Page3
..... and that's it. Simian art will folllow as soon as I get paid and can afford a new scanner.

2 comments:

Nimiwey said...

Wow, Paul, that was worth the wait. You're very talented. Thanks for sharing with us. Kinko's kicks ass, but England is a little but the US in many ways, you're lucky to find an actual scanner, not just some old dude doing it by hand. (Ive never been to england, but I have many comical ideas about what it's like).

Any time you need to get some of those kind words out, I'm willing to accept them!

Nimiwey said...

SAME AS LAST COMMENT: BUT THIS TIME IT MAKES SENSE

Wow, Paul, that was worth the wait. You're very talented. Thanks for sharing with us. Kinko's kicks ass, but England is a little behind the US in many ways, you're lucky to find an actual scanner, not just some old dude doing it by hand. (Ive never been to england, but I have many comical ideas about what it's like).

Any time you need to get some of those kind words out, I'm willing to accept them!