Monday, January 08, 2007

No zombies, but some baby talk

Another page of zombie antics penciled and lettered, but it's the last page so I'm not showing it yet. I would've picked a panel out, but the nicest one to show on it's own might spoil things a little. Sorry, might finish page 2 in a day or so though.
If you're wondering why I penciled page 1 and then page 6, wonder no more. Truth is it was a fluke that I did p1 first as I tend to draw random panels and cobble them together as I go with no thought or regard for proper progression. I tend to dig into the panels I have a strong idea for or are 'easy'. This is, for me, a very stupid way of working as I already have consistency issues, but I do it because if I didn't then it would probably take me even longer to finish a story, at least this way I know I'll be doing a certain amount and it often helps provide inspiration on the other panels.
I am going to try and leave the inking until it's all penciled though, but as I love inking and think my work doesn't look like mine until it's done, I might fail with that plan.

In home type news, Rebecca went out for the first time since Olivia was born. It was touch and go if she'd make it as she misses Olivia when she's in another room, but she got out on time. Now she knows better how I feel leaving to go to work and is dreading having to do it herself in a few months time..... unless it starts raining gold coins at our feet before then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. Going out together is an even bigger milestone - it was 2 years before we went to the cinema together after Izzy was born. Anyway, Zombies: it looks great, exactly right. I love it when a plan comes together.
Bleated Happy New Year!

Faff said...

2 Years, ha! Five years in and it still takes more planning then
D-day to get out alone together.

paulhd said...

Cheers Jason, if the author's happy, I'm happy!
Rebecca and I had an afternoon out when we went to my folks, my mama insisted.... I really wasn't kidding about prizing her out my mam's grip.