Thursday, January 18, 2007

Progress

Eek, the zombie deadline looms ever closer like a, um, hungry zombie. Three pages are completely penciled, another two thirds penciled and one sort of over half way penciled but I'm unsure about the layout so want to mess a little. I've also started inking, but as I jump from panel to panel it's hard to say how much I've done. Anyway, the deadline's end of the month and I should manage that okay, in fact if I wasn't at work this weekend I might have done it by Sunday. It'll now be appearing in a more graphic novel-y format as AccentUK have had enough submissions to go that route. The next anthology will be robots and I had a nice idea for a story today so I'll try and contribute to that, early planning I know, but probably a smart move.
Not much else going on workwise, writing's ground to a halt as I struggle with plot and an overall lack of faith in the book industry. I put myself under a lot of pressure by dreaming how wonderful it would be to be published and paid to do something I love that frankly I lost track of the fact that I could care less about being published and would still try and make things up if I was paid or not. That and a growing dislike of the state of books makes me think I should put those dreams aside and just enjoy doing whatever I get round to doing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the best attitude! Unfortunately, I'm still at the bitter "why won't they recognise my genius?" phase. But that'll be over tomorrow and I'll be back in the same frame of mind as you I expect. Glad to see the strip's coming along!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

You need a book with Zombies and Robots in !!

Katy said...

Hi!

That's all I have time to say right now, alas.

xx

paulhd said...

Everybody needs a book with zombies and robots Andrew!
Sorry about the text size BP, glad you like the artwork though, I'll sort out better scans for the finished stuff. And thanks for dropping by.
As long as you keep writing Jason, that's the important thing!

paulhd said...

Hey, you snuck a hi in when I was posting! Hi backatya katy, hope all's well.

I. N. J. Culbard said...

Zombie robots. Not zombies and robots, zombie robots. Everyone in the story is a robot, then one day Zombie robots start appearing, and they need circuitry, bumbling "Hard Drive" as they shuffle about...