Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Strolling down memory lane

After finding Henry Rollins on Youtube I had a hunt around and struck gold!
Back when I was a little lad with no money I used to tape songs of the telly, as well as the radio of course. I wish I still had some of those tapes, particularly one from TheTube, ‘The Bushes Scream While My Daddy Prunes’ by ‘The Very Things’. It’s pretty much as I remembered it, very cool, with a great intro/outro on the video.
Anyway, enough of my jakkin’, lets boogie


Gaye Bykers on Acid were pretty much the first grebo band IIRC. Loud crashy and probably a little amatuerish they combined lots of samples from cult horror/scifi stuff and stirred it badly with a big wooden spoon, I still love them! ‘Nose Dive Karma’ was from ep of the same name and ‘Git Down’ was from ‘Drill Your Own Hole’ their first full album, which was a bit concepty as it tied in with a seriously lofi atempt to create the kind of film that had inspired their music. Incredibly rough and shoddy looking it was a lot of fun.... if you were a fan:) Lead singer Mary Mary went on to do the theme tune to the first Charlie’s Angels film as Appollo 440 (think that was their name), and other stuff I can’t recall.

No comments: