Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Illustration Friday - Hats


Another quicky for Illustration Friday. The theme this time is 'hats' and this was the first thing that popped into my mind. This seems to be the way to go, not too much thinking, get something down quick and post it up. I claimed this was digital on the IF site, which is pretty accurate, but I did scan in a fairly basic marker sketch before I did the digital painting. Again, I tried out a new technique, nothing swish, but I think it works and I get to add a new string to my bow.

5 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

How does this Illustration Friday thing work then? Sounds like a great way to force oneself to keep practising.

paulhd said...

Forced practive is exactly why I joined.
You can sign up and get the subject emailed or just check the site on Friday. Theere's a new subject every Friday (obviously) and it's really easy to add your entry. Check out the site it's all really straighforward.

jenn said...

I like the results of your 'new technique'. it's got a kind of "sidewalk-chalky" feel to it. nice!

Faff said...

Love this piece Paul. The chalky dry brush feel to the colour is great. It's a similar idea to the one I was trying to work up but life got in the way. Can't agree more with what you say about forced practice, that's definitely the prime reason for contributing to I.F. for me.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with scale.

paulhd said...

Thanks Jenn.
Cheers Peter, I have got a scribble for scale that needs turnign into something proper, might be a few days before it gets a look though, I've got a few things to finish up first.