Sunday, October 09, 2005

Down with the kids

Having Freeview allows us the opportunity to occassionally watch naff no where near VH1 never mind MTV music channels, you know, the kind where you can text for your favourite songs and turn you home into a PARTY! Anyway inbetween the adverts for mobile phone ring tones I got to hear the new Franz Ferdinand song, which I quite liked (is that okay, will I not be allowed in the cool club, are they so last week?) but could not help notice that it seemed to steal a riff from ‘We Close Our Eyes’ by Go West. Bit distracting.
As I type this Russ Abbott is singing ‘What An Atmosphere’, was it ever right to dance in nightclubs wearing jumpers tucked into your jeans or rolling the sleaves up on your ‘blous-on’ jacket? I suppose it must have been.

4 comments:

paulhd said...

And a damn fine Wonder Woman.

Gopher said...

The Black Hole link has... well fallen into a Black Hole. If you like, to save face, I will delete my comment once you fix it!

Danny said...

I think Go West are due for a critical revival... 'We Close Our Eyes'... 'Faithful'... their other songs...

paulhd said...

'Don't Look Down' was a great Go West track, 'King of Wishful Thinking' wasn't..... I so wish I was joking about DLD, memories of a foolish youth full of bad taste will forever haunt me through my mature years of foolishness and bad taste.