Sunday, February 05, 2006

Spending spree

A chance comment in an email from Danny has led me back down the dark path of boxset buying, or it will anyway, I've got them all lined up ready. 'Wonderfalls' is a show I'd heard about but when Danny recommended it I thought I'd properly check it out, it looks fantastic and the R1 boxset's already been paid for. Amazon being amazon though there was a whole bunch of over stuff to look at. So now I want 'Joan of Arcadia', 'Dead Like Me', 'Veronica Mars' (maybe) and I also find out 'American Gothic's' got a R2 March release date (think Danny mentioned this a while ago over on Wazzock) as well as a show I caught ages ago called 'Profit', which I remember very little about other than it had a corporate setting, was very creepy and had Adrian (Near Dark) Pasdar in it (interesting how many of these shows were cancelled in the face of great reviews, Arrested Development and Firefly are obviously just the latest in a long line of support lacking). Let's not forget the regular boxset buying I have to indulge in and that all adds to a lot of money and very little life. I'm blaming Danny for all of it!

2 comments:

Danny said...

mwah ha ha! (twirls moustache-ends villainously) I will empty Pauls bank account (rubs hands together in devilish glee)

Wonderfalls was a gem, though...

Gopher said...

I'm not a boxsets person - I never feel I'll watch them again as I don't get that much time to watch TV. I would like the Mysterious Cities Of Gold though. I doubt I'd enjoy it as much as when I watched it as a child but I remember how much excitement I felt when watching it those many years ago.