Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fingerpaint collection 1

I decided to go back and group all my fingerpaintings in chronological order. I thought it might be interesting to see the development and progression.... at least, it's interesting to me!
I think it's fairly obvious on the first 5 halloween themed pics that I was thinking in terms of starting with one big shape and adding simple detail. At this point fingerpainting was just throwaway fun.
Dredd broke with the style of previous pics and propted my Dennis the Menace, which, if I may be so bold, I'm really pleased with. In fact, with Dennis I though, I'd be quite happy with a Dennis comic fingerpainted like this.
I didn't originally post the Hulk pic as I thought it was a bit clumsy, but as I've done more fingerpaintings my idea of 'good' has changed somewhat. Basically, if I had fun, then the picture is 'good'.
With Darth I'm trying to go back to the single dominant shape and simple detail.
My daughter had been playing a lot of Sonic, no other reason for that pic.
There's always some Pixar on in this house, and I'm pretty happy if it's Monsters Inc. The last 2 pics here look like I was starting to break free of the simple approach, if only by having more than one character on a pic.
So, even after just 12 pics I think there's a progression of sorts. And it doesn't stop there!.......

No comments: