Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fingerpainting collection 3

Last 3 Game of Thrones pics, and I was pretty chuffed with Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane and Khal Drogo, still fairly simple focusing on key information (for me, it looks like Drogo just because of the eyebrows), but they came together quite well I thought. Daenerys Targaryen was a little trickier and didn't come off so well.
Not much to say about Spidey. Ziggy Stardust Bowie look like a junkie in drag, which isn't exactly inappropriate, but I was grasping for subject matter here and with Thin White Duke Bowie, guess I was wanting a theme to follow on from Game of Thrones?
The quick Clockwork Orange pic came out ok, I quite like the pose..... not so much with Tron.
Dylan looks nothing like Dylan, but I quite like the pic, so that's ok.
Back to the portraits with one of me, it looks more like me than the pic of Bubble from The Wire, who looks a bit like Yozzer Hughes from Boys From The Black Stuff. Bubbles/Yozzer was frustrating, I really wanted to do something as good as I thought 'The Hound' and Drogo came out, which probably inspired how the next three fingerpaintings came out.

2 comments:

Faff said...

funyy, you say Dylan looks nothing like Dylan but I recognised him before anyone else in this set. I think it captured a pose and attitude more than anything.

paulhd said...

Well, character is what I'm usually after for my definition of 'likeness' rather than replicating the surface of the face, so I'm glad the pose and attitude sold Dylan.