Monday, January 23, 2006

Joys of the internet

Solving mysteries has never been so easy, especially those dumb niggling vague memory type mysteries.
When I was a kid I remember catching a bit of a weird and creepy TV show, something about it really got under my skin in the way those things from the late 70s early 80s could. All I could remember about it was Hywel Bennett starred in it, there was a bit by a cliff and there was some sort of countdown thing (maybe) on the screen, or at least the titles looked like some sort of digital type. That’s it. These minor memories left such an impression on my young mind that over 20 years later they’re still an itch I’ve had to scratch.
A quick look on IMBD at Hywel Bennett’s career and I’ve finally found out what this bizzare show was; Artemis 81 was it’s name and it was as strange as I don’t quite remember it. Sadly it’s not available to buy, but I’ll keep an eye out.

No comments: