Monday, May 29, 2006

Been drawin'

Only going to do a couple more pictures to chuck in with my manuscript. Might actually get it done by the end of the week after all!
This fellow is Lionel Cetera, fish fan.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Simian Smith primate detective prepares to interrogate a banana.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a reminder of an older pic for those who've forgotten, or not seen it before

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and another

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There's another bit of artwork I'll post tomorrow, right now I'm off to bed.

7 comments:

I. N. J. Culbard said...

Excellent! Great scans too; really shows off your excellent line work. Love the gorilla, Julius Schwartz was right.

paulhd said...

Cheers. Been fiddling around with the size - the top two are massice on my screen at the moment!
Julie Schwartz, the old DC editor/writer? What did he say?
The whole DC ape thing had a profound effect on me!

paulhd said...

Massice? Swap the 'c' for a 'v' please.

I. N. J. Culbard said...

Something along the lines of 'stick a monkey on the cover of a comic and monkeys will buy it':)

paulhd said...

Yup, worked on me.

Danny said...

Cool, Cool, Cool! How close are you to finishing this off?

Did you swap your art package?

paulhd said...

Another avatar? Look at the mopey face, makes me wanna give you a big sloppy kiss.
*ahem*
No package swapping, just trying a bit harder to figure out what I can do with the one I've got.
I've got another illo done and I'd like to do one more and maybe mock up a cover - find covers quite difficult so we'll see how much time and inspiration I have nearer the end of the week. Nice to be (nearly) finished.... again.