Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sneak preview of a sneak preview

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Finished pencils up soon, in the meantime here's the very first panel. Twice. First version is the initial (after the previous four) sketch, then there's my tighter version. I'm a bit stuck how to ink the final version because of these. See, I can't decide if the dramatic shadows on the face are too much. In the context of the light hearted story it might be a little OTT, but then I like the incongruity of it. On the other hand maybe just blacking out the (not very interesting in this panel) background will be enough....
What to do, what to do.

4 comments:

I. N. J. Culbard said...

very nice

Faff said...

Personally I like the shadow free version, but whatever fits the story best. you might want to have a read of this if you haven't seen it yet as well. http://divalea.livejournal.com/408977.html

paulhd said...

Thanks INJ. Cheers for the link Peter, interesting reading, should be helpful.
The reason I like the 'dramatic' panel is because the zombie is supposed to be a bit rubbish so I guess it makes it a bit more of a punchline to have him looking a little more menacing initially..... although I think my design of him is a little cute, still, Ulf K makes death look rather sweet, so why can't I make my zombie cute:)

Garen said...

I think they're as good as each other in different ways. And that's no help whatsoever... so I think you just have to choose!