Wednesday, April 18, 2007

And back again

It's been a rough week so still no artwork - there is some coming.
Rebecca had her third chemotherapy today and it seems to be taking a little more out of her each time, she also found out that she has to get a series of injections to stimulate her bone marrow into producing my white blood cells. More injections is a pain, but they seem pretty easy, the important thing is they allow her to g
et her chemo on time and they aren't there because of anything bad.
My grandad went into hospital last week because of his stom
ach cancer and it looked bad for a day or so, luckily he's come out of hospital better than when he went in.
To top all this off Olivia's teething! This probably seems the most minor, but as Rebecca need to relax, particu
larly a few days after her treatment, the timing could be better. Also, it's not nice to see the poor little thing in pain. Luckily for everyone so far Olivia is sleeping through the night just like always, it's just during the day that she's grumpy or in discomfort - taking her for a walk seems to help, so I think there'll be a lot of that.
Is this the best time to decide to start exercising again to undue 2 months comfort eating? Not really, but I'm doing it anyway.
On the nice side of things as well as struggling with teeth Olivia is coming on really well. For some reason she's been fascinated with cups, and as I drink a lot of coffee she's had plenty of opportunity to see how it's done, often reaching for the cup if she's sat on my lap at the time. In a moment of parental amusement I et her go for my (empty) cup and was choked up with happiness when she reached round to grab the handle and brought the cup to her mouth! Just think what I'll be like when she takes her first step or says her first word! Anyway, a baby cup's been purchased and she's getting more practice in. She's also enjoying eating baby rice from a spoon, and trying to hold the spoon herself. Honestly, I'm such a sap for this stuff!
As usual I attempt to counter and miserableness of these posts with photos, guess which one is Olivias' failed attempt at using a spoon:)

7 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I love that photo were she's mesmerized by the rabbit ears ! :)

Faff said...

She's just gorgeous. Ain't being a dad just grand?

Can't wait until she picks up a pencil and you get to share her first Jackson Pollock in wax crayon.

thekelvingreen said...

I think that last one is what she'll look like in eighteen years when she calls you to pick her up from the pub. ;)

paulhd said...

Andrew - Those are pretty hypnotic ears, that bunny controls our house!
Thanks Peter, it's grand indeed. Pencils shouldn't be far off, Olivia's trying to read books and fed herself already! I'm sure when I was her age all I managed was drooling.
Kelvin - Eighteen?! LALALALAL can't hear you LALALALALA!

Jo Bling said...

HAHA!! You're as bad as me, Paul - lots of pictures taken of the little one but no artwork to show! :-D

Katy said...

Totally late with commenting as I have been out the country and then my stupid uni computer wouldn't let me leave comments.

Olivia is so, so lovely! And I am pleased to see she has excellent taste in stuffed rabbits.

xx

paulhd said...

Fortunately Olivia's hands down the most impressive thing I've produced Mr Bling!
Cheers Katy, she loves that rabbit, we call it Mr Bun - in honour of Suzie Derkins.