Monday, February 18, 2008

Wasting time, me?

Of course I really am hard at work drawing, I'm just managing to waste time too.
I found this gem on youtube....


I remember seeing it as a young teen adn thinking it was the coolest. It's actually not that bad, not got much to do with lager, but some nice 'wasteland' type folk, and a bit creepy looking in places. I actually video taped this off the telly, but it was for the music (Hipsway) as much as anything.
That advert led to me thinking, 'hey, I wonder if they've got' this.....

Turns out 'they' did. There was another one where out two lads went to Russia ("Red Square's dead square") but I couldn't see that one anywhere. Not funny story - when I first left my native NE I was mocked in a pub asking for a pint of 'Scotch', turns out Best Scotch wasn't available out the North and people thought I wanted a pint of Whisky. Tut, Southerners.
And lastly, seeing as I'm wandering down NE nostalgia, this will very little to most of you, but here's a clip of the God-like Mike Neville. No idea why seeing/hearing him makes me grin, but it does.

2 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I'm not sure who directed that top ad with the rolling balls but I think it might have been Tony Scott, looks a bit to music vid to be Ridley.

paulhd said...

Certainly got the heavily filtered look of Tony Scott hasn't it. Think Ridley directed the 2nd ad:)