Sunday, January 22, 2012

Halloween

Here's a young Michael Myers. After sketching the rough I then started turning it something with correct perspective and light sources. Then I stopped because it wasn't working as well as the original sketch. I could have pushed the angles and light further to make it clear that rules are being bent, but thought that ran counter to the blank deadness you're supposed to get from Michael. Sometime you just have to go with what feels right, rather than what is right.

2 comments:

thekelvingreen said...

Halloween is my favourite film ever, so of course I love this. You've done a great job of capturing the eeriness of the character, and I think your artistic choices were the right ones.

paulhd said...

Huge fan myself, Carpenter did some amazing films.
Was quite happy with Michael myself, in one sketch I drew him looking like Linus from Peanuts, which I think would look pretty funny - maybe I'll do that as an alternative version.