Monday, September 26, 2005

A sign from the Dandy

Still mopping around somewhat, but I think I figured it. Work is definitely a main cause, but it's the usual thing of not getting any of my own stuff done. When I can't write or draw I get miserable, so the trick is to just start working again. I'm at work for the rest of this week and then I've got a week off which I plan to use productively. The other thing I'm going to do is to do some overtime (which I don't get paid for) when I get back, which might sound a bit weird but I reckon it might be the only way to get a lot of stuff sorted, which'll be best for me.
One of the stories I want to try and write next has been an idea I've been kicking around for years now and one of the things that inspired it was a dopey barely remembered story from the Dandy. Yesterday at work I had a look at the new 'Best of' the Dandy and Beano annual and there's a little sample of the old story. I've decided this is a sign to actually write the thing for myself.
Oh yeah, if you get a chance go see Land of the Dead, I heard a few grumblings that it wasn't all it could be. Bollocks to that! Maybe it isn't as good his other films, but that doesn't mean it isn't excellent. There's something more than a little annoying about fans who prove their credentials by running down the most recent offerings of their heroes.

No comments: