Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Fighting on the dance floor

A day late (Rebecca was at work last night and we wanted to watch it together) but I watched 'Life on Mars' tonight, and havea new favourite show. Very impressive opening episode, a little bit Sweeny and a little bit Quantum leap. Strong performances all round, but Simm was excellent, making what was happening to him seem like plight, not just adventure. Using the title of one of the greatest songs ever written is a bit of risky thing, thankfully LOM is off to a good start.

5 comments:

Nimiwey said...

Hey Paul I like the new look!

My Name Is Earl is pretty good. My favorite show is Surface. Stacked makes me laugh a lot, so does The War At Home. Check 'em if you can! Happy New Year to you and yours.

paulhd said...

Danny Danny Danny, if there's a repreat anywhere watch it, if not just leap in with the 2nd part, you won't regret it.
Happy New Year to you too Nimiwey. The new look might extend to a new avatar now that I've got a fancy pants digital camera.
Only My Name is Earl's made it's way over here I think (on terrestrial TV anyway), but it is excellent.

Gopher said...

Life On Mars was good. Just as I hoped. I just wish I was more wide awake whilst watching it!

Liam said...

Missed it, but I guess as it stars mancunian legend Simm it can only be ace. He was an absolute find in 'The Lakes', stunning in 'State of Play', and merely okay in his appearance in 'Children's Ward'.

paulhd said...

Tsk tsk, Liam and Danny, I hope you haven't found something better than sitting in watching telly..